Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Honey Love

I have a new affinity for Winnie the Pooh - I get it now.  I understand why he loves honey so much.


When I was younger we never really had honey in the house and I didn't get a taste for it.  To me, though I knew it was honey, I associated Pooh's love of honey to my love of cheese (seriously, even though it's in a honey comb, doesn't that look like melted cheddar cheese?).

Today I finally get it. :)  I was at the farmers market and decided it was high time I give honey another try (I try foods that I don't like, but haven't had much exposure to, again to see if I've changed my mind - still don't like eggnog).  There were a handful of vendors selling honey, but I settled on this one:

Marsden's Pure Honey from the Farmers Market.

Marsden's Pure Honey.  There were several different types so I took the safe route with a Clover honey.  I won't be giving this away.  One spoon-tip full and I was hooked.  Next week I'm going back to taste the other varieties so I can load up my pantry to tide me though the coming winter. :)

Sleepy tea in the Tardis mug with a bit of honey heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment