Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Elementary

Dear CBS,

I really want a chance to get to know your show "Elementary", but you've removed the pilot episode.  I know, I'm late to the show (pun intended), but don't you want my viewership too?  You don't even work with Hulu to get viewers hooked...I mean, come on - more and more people are forgoing cable - how will you reach them and entice them to buy the tv series later down the road? Oh, but of course I could buy them on Amazon. :-P  I don't know your show well enough to warrant me shelling out money for it.
---

The few episodes I've seen of Elementary have gotten me interested in this take of Sherlock Holmes & Dr. Watson, but as indicated above I'm irritated that I can't fill in the episode gaps.  She's a surgeon that messed up, badly, on a patient and has essentially become a rehab-buddy.  Sherlock has gotten out of a rehab facility, used to work for Scotland Yard, and now works with the NYPD.  Dr. Watson was hired by Sherlock's father to be with him nearly 24/7 to prevent any relapses.  I saw 'Rat Race' over the holidays - interesting dynamic between Holmes and Watson...no romantic clutter (thank you).  This version of Holmes seems a little more human - he sends a bottle of the best wine to a man who had saved money to propose to his girlfriend in an upscale restaurant (granted he did it with someone else's money, but still).

If I can ever figure out a legal way to watch this show without emptying my pockets I'll do it.  For now I'll scrape together what little scraps CBS gives on their website, being peeved about it all the while. :)

1 comment:

  1. First of all, GREAT blog!

    Secondly, I really want to see this show as well but I am also late to the show.

    ReplyDelete