Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Rhubarb Cup Pies

We've been watching Pushing Daisies lately and Chuck's 'cup pies' made me crave some.  Having some more rhubarb I decided to give them a try.  The only issue being that I couldn't find a pie crust recipe with honey baked into it. 
So I made some alterations.  These are based off of Martha Stewart's rhubarb pie recipe.  I cut the amounts in half and used a muffin tin for the 'cup' size.  Some of the pies had honey brushed on the inside of the crust before the rhubarb filling was added and it definitely made a difference - a yummy, sweet difference! :) 

Before topped with the crumble and baking.

After baking for 30 minutes (a few more minutes wouldn't have hurt).

Tasty, tasty cup pies.
 The cup version is a bit more finicky, but it is nice to have a small version of pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment