Monday, June 27, 2011

Timeline

It seems I have my work cut out for me.  I've ironed out a schedule for my thesis.  This means that from now on I'm going to ignore the "how's your thesis going?" questions or succinctly answer, "Fine".  No offense to those who love me and are asking out of genuine compassion, but I can't take it anymore.


I am the only one in my immediate family to get a 4 year degree (so far, my little sister is working on hers) let alone a post-graduate degree.  I am one of three that I can think of that have a higher education in my extended family.  I think my great-uncle went to graduate school for mathematics and one of my uncles, by marriage, went to MSOE.  My friends and family have every faith in me, but none of them know what this is.  They don't know what this is like mentally.  I'm at the computer stage in the comic above.  And my energy flux is as follows:


My favorite questions, now mostly coming from my seemingly senile grandfather, is "so what is she going to do with that degree?  Is she going to teach?"(Because as a woman, why else would I get a degree but to teach?).  He has asked this so many times that it has become a family joke.  I'm tempted to tell him that I got this much of an education to become a hooker, but that might scare his good ol' Baptist heart to death - sarcasm goes right by him.

I've started a new daily schedule to attempt to be productive.  At the moment I'm not being productive because my brain went into a temporary meltdown.  There were words and numbers on the computer screen but my brain ceased to be able to interpret them.  So, here I am, blogging and sipping tea.  I had a small snack and soon I'll go back to analysis.

Happy Monday all.

No comments:

Post a Comment