Saturday, December 10, 2011

One Week

This past week, while NewMom (now NewWife&Mom) was on her honeymoon, I locked myself in her house and worked on my thesis presentation.  The NewWife&Mom's house has great internet and 4 cats that lent to some stress relief.  Bob in particular decided to help me out.  The cats aren't supposed to be on the counters or tables, but while I was there they seemed to think it was a free-for-all:

When he wasn't prowling through my things he was sitting on my lap, curled up, keeping me warm.  On Thursday I presented the dry run to my lab and advisor.  Their input was great - it will make the real presentation so much better.


I have to say I'm not looking forward to the rest of today and next week.  By this time next week I will either have graduated or be really depressed.

I'm going under a self-imposed quasi- house arrest to work on my presentation and defense prep.

I'm defending on Friday the 16th.  On the 17th I'm opening a Christmas present I know is full of books and I will spend at least a day not thinking about Bythotrephes.
Bythotrephes in Lake Erie - Photo by Andrea Jaeger Miehls, MS

No comments:

Post a Comment