Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Bloggess Book + Coffee = Scrat

Awesome Book.

+

Copious amounts of coffee.

=

Scrat-esque, over caffeinated, twitchy demeanor. 

For my birthday I bought Jenny Lawson's "Let's Pretend This Never Happened (A Mostly True Memoir)" and it came in the mail yesterday.  I started reading it and found it hilarious... so hilarious that I didn't want to stop reading about her crazy life.  Needless to say I stayed up way to late and got way too much coffee the next day.  By end of the work day I felt like I was having an anxiety attack - all I wanted to do was get back to my apartment where there were no other people, squirrel-up in bed and finish her book. 

And I did finish it: 5/5 stars from me!  I laughed so hard I cried in some parts - the craziness never stops: flying bobcats, exploding blue gel in diapers, squirrel puppets, snakes, taxidermy animals, awkward social situations.  Thanks Jenny for sharing so much of your life with us - it reassures me that being me is okay and that I'm not alone in my weirdness. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment