Monday, March 28, 2011

French Press

... and other thoughts.  Okay, I'm definitely procrastinating.  I have a meeting with my advisor in an hour and my head is still in the weekend.  This usually happens on Monday mornings.  By this afternoon I should be in high gear.  This usually happens after a good jolt of coffee. :)

Over the weekend I went home to visit the family.  My brother was up, which only happens every so often, so I figured I'd better get myself down there.   He brought with him a french press that he never uses.  The one I have is like the one pictured.  The one he gave me is for two people at least.  I filled up my travel coffee mug and half of my Mad Hatter mug with it.  Needless to say I will have a good coffee buzz later today.

Every time we come home my parents bring out the fatted calf and fill us with so much food I'm ready to burst.
That prime rib was sooooooo good and I adore sauteed mushrooms and onions.  I overload on beef when I'm home - I eat very little meat here because of preparation time.

Over the weekend I also graded papers and I came upon this great answer:
 Now, I couldn't give any points for this answer, but I still love a good turtle drawing. :-D  They had the questions for this exam two weeks in advance...so I'm not sure how this one slipped by - must have been a brain fart.

Even though my family can drive me nuts I really do love them.  This weekend was great because both of my siblings were there - it balanced the dynamics out.  I really like when all five of us are crowded in the living room to watch a movie - especially with mom because she's usually sleeping during the day so that she can work at night.  My dad was flipping through the channels after the movie and said "Oh look, its Rock Mountain Horror Picture Show".  My brother and I just lost it.  Can you picture the Rocky Horror Picture Show in hillbilly style? We laughed so hard we cried.

Just picturing the Time Warp or Sweet Transvestite in a country twang had me laughing so much I was gasping for breath.  I haven't laughed that hard in a very long time.  My youngest sister hasn't seen it, so she didn't get it - but eventually she'll probably grow out of the conservative vein she's in.  I know when I was younger I wished I was an only child - now I'm glad that I'm not. :)

Okay, I really should get prepped for my meeting.

As the university store clerk said, "Happy Monday!"

No comments:

Post a Comment