Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Bones & Blood Success

For Halloween this year I didn't do an over the top costume or get drunk with a ton of grad students.  This year I was in a much different situation: family with small children.  An outrageous costume seemed immaterial (I still dressed up, but I used clothes and props I already had) and getting drunk was out of the question.

Ready to go in the oven.
So I embraced the family style Halloween celebration and turned to baking.

My friend The New/Step Mom and I created Bone cookies with a Blood sauce.  Of the two treats that we made I think these were the hit.

Bone cookie dipped in Blood sauce.
The Buried Surprise Cupcakes were a hit with The New Mom's nieces, nephews, and daughters.  I was less impressed with them - buried gummy body parts is amusing in theory, but make eating the stupid cupcake harder and messier.  I'd make them for kids again anytime, but the Bones & Blood I will be making again next year if possible.


Conclusion:
Bones & Blood = delish.
Buried Surprise Cupcakes: meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment